Thursday, November 1, 2012

New Job Update - Meeting Goals, Adding Responsibilities

I have been in my new job for over two months now, and I have been incredibly busy - and productive - which is part of the reason my posting frequency has declined over the last few months.

But things are going great! And as of last week, I have already met my production goals for the entire year. :) Of course I'm not about to relax - my team could double our bonus if we meet the stretch goal, which is 133% of our actual goal. And we fully intend to do so.

I am relieved that starting from scratch to build a new portfolio of clients has not been as difficult as I'd anticipated. I've been able to get new clients from my own referral sources, to convince former clients to move with me, and to generate referrals from my new colleagues on the commercial side by getting to know them and their clients. It is new for me to be truly busy every single day with calls to return, people to take to lunch, questions to ask, new policies to research. But I feel so much better because I know I'm learning and achieving and exceeding expectations.

Also my new role comes with a lot more responsibility. I'm going to be interviewing and helping to select our administrative staff; I've been asked to give my opinions on our website and marketing materials; I have a much larger expense account to manage and dole out. It has been great to step up and define the boundaries myself and help be a formative part of creating our team and its brand so far. It's really making time fly by though.

Oh, and of course getting used to my new salary has been quite nice as well. It's been awhile since I had to set new goals and figure out just where to direct the money I have coming in.

I am also still trying to develop relationships with all my new colleagues and stay in touch with old ones. Plus I have made a few new friends outside of the office that are keeping me busy, particularly now that the weather is nice. Everyone wants to go out all the time, whether to a patio, pool or to exercise! Not to mention that I have been dating a bit as of late, as one of my recent posts indicated...

All in all it is shaping up to be a great year after all! I wasn't so sure a few months ago, but I am glad I made it through the rough patch to get to where I am today.

kredyt hipoteczny kalkulator kredyt mieszkaniowy kalkulator kredyt pozabankowy

No comments:

Post a Comment