Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Crazy Automatic Net Worth Growth Rate

I came to a shocking realization last week when I started adding up all the ways my net worth is growing. Without even taking into account regular savings or extra debt payments, my net worth is increasing automatically by nearly $4,000 a month.

That is over $45,000 per year.

Here is the breakdown:
Mortgage principal reduction - $13,150
Car loan principal reduction - $7,380
401k Contributions - $17,000
401k Match (3%) - $3,030
LLC Interest Payments Received (my share) - $5,004

I am also saving $1,500 a month in cash, so my net worth should increase by at least $63K this year (barring stock market fluctuations). But all of the above items are happening automatically, with zero effort on my part. I am just stunned by this for some reason; it's a calculation I've never done before. Just a few years ago I was only making $45,000 a year as a new member of the working world - and now my net worth is going up by that much every year!

Obviously a lot of that growth is simply because I have a lot of debt that is amortizing - and net worth isn't everything. Still, it's kind of reassuring to know that my net worth is ticking gradually upward no matter what I do (as long as I make my payments and don't suspend my 401k contributions of course).

I am truly grateful and surprised by how quickly my financial position has improved since I graduated from college.

lokaty najlepsze kredyt na dowód kredyt na samochód

No comments:

Post a Comment